best street seats

C2 and C4

best street seats

Postby napaul » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

First thing first! congratulation steve and crew for putting together this forum.Looking forward to many years of technical information and valued opinions from yoda( steve).Now i know it really comes down to personal taste and comfort but i have a early production 964 c4 that i would like to upgrade the seats.i am torn between the cost of refurbing the factory sport seats at a cost of 2500 or splurging for some recarros. I had the speeds in mind. My car is not tracked but occasionally sees some spirited street driving when safe to do so. so i am looking for comfort, looks, access to rear for my kids, and ease of cleaning .so the vinyl is of interest and the idea of being able to extend the thigh area is appealing only for longer drives . What would your opinions be on best fit given that resale is not a concern as the car was bought for my pleasure and will be upgraded as such.are there other recarros in similar price point or another manufacter that would get the seal of approval from you guys?
napaul

Re: best street seats

Postby Steve » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 am

Welcome to the new forums and we hope to be a portal for useful & construction assistance for these cars. :) :) We will also be offering some monthly specials as well as performance packages.

As you can well imagine, seating comfort is intensely personal and as a Recaro Dealer, I always advise a potential customer to sit in a variety of seats to see which one best fits your "personal geometry". If I know something about you such as height, weight, and inseam, I can offer some suggestions based on personal experiences with these things.

Speeds (and SRD's) are performance seats so they are offered in Avus cloth; that comfortable, grippy and ultra-long wearing stuff, vinyl, and suede. Just give your personal dimensions and I'll make some suggestions for you.
Steve
Site Admin

Postby KaiB » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 am

Paul, if its a help:

I'm 5'10", 185 pounds with large shoulders and chest - the Speeds fit me wonderfully.
KaiB

Postby napaul » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

well steve here goes i am 6'1'' and weight 223lbs.i believe my in seam is a 32-34". if i were to go with the avus is there any avilability of similar material to cover the rear seats with ? for no othere reason than to keep interior consistent in seating material. i work at an auto dealer and have only had the opportunity to sit in the speed in a mazda r8 that had them and found them very comfortable. Hey steve if and when you have a spare moment could you email me a quote on a complete setup of all the brackets and little odds and ends i would need for the speeds vs srd's in black vinyl with avus in seating area with the red logo,or just what ever black on black combination you recommend with an approximate total on everything please. peoliveira@shaw.ca
napaul

Postby # 37 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 am

Hey there_ i have a 964 C4 and it as Recaro Evo seats.
The centers are a cloth type that holds you in really well.
The remainder is Alcantara (sp)
Has the backrest adjusting dial so you can still put things in the back; yet supports like a fixed race seat.
Never cold, always snug and look great.
The other good thing is it pared off a bunch of weight in the car.
hope this helps
# 37

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am

Steve
Site Admin

Postby HiWind » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:05 pm

I have 996 GT3 Recaros in my 964 c2. Fixed back but comfy and perfect for anything short of a 3 hr drive.
A bit harder to get in/out the car ... but mine is lowered too which impacts a bit.

recaros 964 rear view.JPG
recaros front view.JPG
964 recaros.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
996 Cup || 964 3.8 RSE
HiWind

Postby HiWind » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

stock seats 964.JPG
stock sport seats look great but that's likely just a color issue.
Can't wait to duco the backs blue to match my wheels and Carrera strip ;)
(another nice benefit of the recaros)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
996 Cup || 964 3.8 RSE
HiWind

Postby KTL » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:58 am

RS America sport seats get my vote. A bit softer fit since they're cloth vs the std Recaro thick leather. Speeds are nice too (I had a set of SRD) but the RS are more comfy IMO. Both are fantastic choices because of the folding backs.
Kevin
'79 SC widebody sorta-934 looking thing
KTL

Return to 964