Stalling Issues/1992 964 Carrera RS

C2 and C4

Stalling Issues/1992 964 Carrera RS

Postby 92RS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 am

Good day Steve and the Community here!!
I have a '92 964 Carrera RS and it is giving me the rough/searching idle/stalling issues, ie... stalling on deceleration and on stopping. I have to keep one foot on the clutch and feather the other one on the accelerator. Not great for driving in the Houston traffic, forget the heat and no AC!!
In talking with some of the RS guys over in the UK, they have the same problem, ie...factory lightweight flywheel. There is a gentleman in the UK, Wayne Schofield of Chip Wizards, who is the RS guru there and he deals with all the RS variants, street and race. A couple of guys have had success with him.
I have taken the car into my air-cooled guys and they have gone over everything and even removed, clean and lubricated the idle air control valve.
I see that "Steve Wong/911 Chips" has a chip for the stalling issues of the lightweight flywheels.
Do you think that would be a route I could go?
thanks, Tom
PS-Steve, I did leave you an email, before I found this site, on your shop site. Just so you don't have to answer me twice!
92RS

Re: Stalling Issues/1992 964 Carrera RS

Postby 92RS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am

Just wanted to let everyone know, Steve replied back to me and gave me some great tips on what I need to look for!
Thanks Steve for all your help and expertise!!
Tom
92RS

Return to 964