1977 2.7 Engine rebuild! Thanks Rennsport Systems

Shorthood Cars 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2

1977 2.7 Engine rebuild! Thanks Rennsport Systems

Postby 911shoes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:32 pm

SmileWavy

[INDENT][/INDENT] I have always Loved the looks, the great performance and handling of a 911. I searched for about 6 months to year until I found the deal/ car that caught my eye. I purchased a 2.7 911 Wide body with 73k miles in March of 2012 from a gentlemen in Maryland. Driving this car home to Virginia was a dream! I am very pleased with my purchase. I noticed before I purchased the car that it was leaking oil "common problem" The seller clearly expressed that. I figured I would drive the car until I ran out of the keg of oil that was given to me at the time of purchase. Then after would follow a engine rebuild! The car was mechanically strong at the time of tear down and ran flawless! Minus the oil drops that seemed to follow and the annoying smoke that would end up from the oil dripping on the exhaust headers :rolleyes: Before the rebuild process I decided to repaint the car and replace the the carpet! Image

The rebuild took place at 76,500.

Find a reliable, knowledgeable rebuild-er. After doing plenty of searching I found rennsport systems! Reading nothing but the best reviews I figured I could sleep good at night trusting them with my engine rebuild!

Engine goals:

A safe reliable 230 hp!

Speaking with Steve at Rennsport Systems he gave me a list of safe practices and procedures to follow on getting my engine where I would like it to be. His knowledge on these cars is astounding!! I know I have my engine in great hands. I tore down the engine and had it shipped to him where everything will be sorted out machine work will be done and a complete rebuild will go underway. Continue to follow as I will list my engine modifications and progress along the way!SmileWavy

911shoes

Re: 1977 2.7 Engine rebuild! Thanks Rennsport Systems

Postby 911shoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Here's a few up dates on the car!

New trunk carpet! Relocated the battery and amp!

New Elephant racing oil cooler and oil lines rear to front and back!

New Headliner, Thanks pelican parts!

New carpet!

911shoes

Postby Charles Freeborn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Wow!!! How's the engine coming along!! ?? !!
!!
Charles Freeborn

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:49 am

Steve
Site Admin

Return to Later 911 '74-'89