WEVO sway bar consoles

Shorthood Cars 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2

WEVO sway bar consoles

Postby rrichar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:17 am

Steve,
The rear suspension is just about finished, I will be welding the new Wevo sway bar mounts in the next few weeks. Do you have any suggestions on proper placement of the Wevo consoles? In a trial fit last night I found if I use the stamping on the chassis as a guide the Smart anti sway Bar comes VERY close to the transmission mount, any concern? Are there any known reference points for installing the new mounts with Smart anti sway Bar?
rrichar

Re: WEVO sway bar consoles

Postby Steve » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 am

You are on the right track,...the swaybar does indeed come very very close to the transmission crossmember.

(edited for intelligence)
Last edited by Steve on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: WEVO sway bar consoles

Postby KTL » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes the large SRP rear bar (hollow) is a large diameter and comes very close to the trans crossmember. But it's not a problem because the sway bar is solidly fixed in place by it's bearing blocks on the Wevo mounts. You also may find, depending on how low your car sits due to your choice of wheel & tire combo diameter/profile, that the SRP lever arm is very close to the ground. Be sure to check your height because once you weld that Wevo on there, it'll be a real bear to remove should you want to raise it!

That said, with my '79SC racecar, I was able to use the original locations of the sway bar mount. I run 275/40-17 so my wheel & tire diameter is actually a bit taller than the typical ~25 in. OD Porsche has used over the years. Guys who run the Hoosier 275/35-15 "cheater" tires are closer to 23 in. OD and that shorter height does indeed make a big difference in how low your lever arm gets to the track!
Kevin
'79 SC widebody sorta-934 looking thing
KTL

Return to Later 911 '74-'89