Fun Track Day ride-along

Shorthood Cars 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2

Fun Track Day ride-along

Postby Charles Freeborn » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:56 pm

At yesterdays Hooked on Driving track day @ PIR they set aside some time at the lunch break for students to jump in one of the coaches cars for 3 or so laps.
I was extremely lucky to get a ride in a lime green 911 ('74) race car built by Rothsport. Owner / Driver (I didn't catch his full name - Mike maybe?) was the nicest guy, incredible driver, incredible car and without a doubt the fastest I have ever gone around that track. What an education. Brake, shift, acceleration points all completely different than I use on account of the wholly different physics of a 300+ hp car and driver. Wow.
I'm guessing that Steve is familiar with the car and owner? I had a chance to chat with him a bit in the paddock - gracious and generous with information. A true gentleman.I hope to get a coaching session from him on a future track day.
-C
Charles Freeborn

Re: Fun Track Day ride-along

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Sounds like you had one helluva good time and learned something, too. :) :)

I think I know that car,......
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Fun Track Day ride-along

Postby Charles Freeborn » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 pm

It was an incredible day. I'm hooked - can't wait until next season. I'll have to do some suspension work over the winter to get in the hunt, but that too will be fun.
The green 911 has a 3.6, full cage inside, 915 aluminum trans, turbo brakes on front, Brembos rear, very few stickers / paint scheme, other than "got limes" on the rear deck lid under the spoiler. Fun faux headlight stickers where the bulbs would be. I didn't think to snap some pics - should have.
-C
Charles Freeborn

Return to Later 911 '74-'89