lost the sucking help

Shorthood Cars 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2

lost the sucking help

Postby juan benae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm

just completed a rebuild of a spec racer moving from 40mm webers with a vac port for brake assist to a set of PMO 46's w/o a manifold vac port. i will be getting the port placed in the pmo manifold in the next month or so, but having a race weekend before im a bit concerned. i believe im prepared to apply the additional force to peddal for braking, but what else should i expect? it's a 2400lb spec car, with SC rears, carrera fronts that are cooled via ducting with backing plates, and a stock sc master cylinder that to this point has never been the weak spot of my game. will the modulation & peddal feel change other than requiring more force? ive had good feel for the brakes in the past, and am looking for a bit of insight before i flat spot a very grippy due to wear set of ra-1's....

tia
juan benae

Re: lost the sucking help

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 pm

You are going to need that vacuum system functioning properly to provide sufficient boost for a good pedal.

Without vacuum, the pedal will feel dead and have much more travel that you want.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: lost the sucking help

Postby juan benae » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:27 pm

i was afraid of more than just a stiff peddal. so, i pulled the driver side carb bank tha AM and ran it over to ted at german precision for a drill & tap. should be delivered back to the house by 330 or so. thanks as always for the insight steve. do not to be with compromised binders while learning the new engine...
t
juan benae

Return to Later 911 '74-'89